1. Choose ‘Create new directory timeline’ from the Save menu
2. Use the Choose timeline name page to choose a name and check for duplicates
3. Enter the name for your timeline in the box on the right of the page (1)
4. Click Create New (4) to use the name you entered (5) and go to the edit summary page.
5. Double check the Timeline Name is correct. It CANNOT BE CHANGED later.
6. To change the name of the timeline, click BACK and enter a new name.
7. Click PUBLISH to create the new directory timeline.
The edit summary page
When you publish a timeline to the directory it will appear in the search results when people search for timelines on Histropedia and will publicly editable. The timeline will not appear in your “My Timelines” and you will not be able to delete the timeline.
If you do not want to create a timeline in the public directory you can create a local copy by choosing “Save new” from the save menu.
The criteria for which events are included on a directory timeline should be consistent and from a neutral point of view. Timeline names should always follow an existing format if one already exists.